- Social Smile- 2 1/2 weeks. Your Grammy was talking to you and you smiled at her! At first we thought it might just be coincidence, but then youdid it again the second she started talking to you again. It was another couple of days before you smiled at me when I was talking to you. I don’t mind Grammy being the first you smiled at though; she’s a special lady.
- Slept through the night- 6 weeks. You slept a 6 1/2 hour stretch. You have been a co-sleeper since a young age because I needed my sleep while finishing the masters program and finishing up the school year, so you were in bed with daddy and me when this happened.
- Tried to reach for an object: 6 1/2 weeks. You were sitting in your bouncer and kept sticking your hand up towards the little toy that hangs in front of you. Obviously you didn’t have the coordination to grab it, or even bat at it, but you just kept sticking your arm and hand up towards it.
- Talking to the toys on your bouncer- 7 weeks
- You change your expression when the person talking to you changes theirs- 7 weeks
- You started grinning when someone does something silly in front of you- 7 weeks
- You found the mirror on the top of your swing and will coo and grin at yourself- 7 weeks
- Slept through the night in the cradle- 8 weeks. You slept 6 hours without being next to me. We bought a swaddling blanket and it makes you feel so snug and secure that you don’t know I’m not right next to you. : P
- Went swimming- 9 weeks. You didn’t seem to mind it at all! It was a little cold, but you just sat there and chilled out.
- Smiled when you heard someone laugh- 9 weeks. Your daddy was laughing at a face you were making and even though you weren’t looking at him, you heard his laugh and started grinning. It was so cute!
- You absolutely love to talk. When someone talks to you, you will usually smile and coo back at them. When you are in your bouncer you will just coo away at the toys that dangle in front of you.
- You also love laying on your play mat and love batting at the toys. You will also just lay there and coo at them.
- You go to sleep best when you are nursed to sleep. You also sleep more during the day when we are out and about then when we are just at home. You love the car and will often go to sleep as soon as we get in it.
- You have been having tons of blow outs. Out of fear of having poop everywhere I change you immediately after you go to the bathroom!
- You are such a good baby. I do not have to worry about you being fussy when we get out. I can go and do as I please and you are usually pretty good at adapting to whatever the schedule is.
- You have been pretty awesome in Church until the last two services and I’ve had to take you out. I hope you get your streak back going. It’sso nice to be able to pay attention and not have to worry about entertaining you. I’m curious to see how you do as you get older. I’m not looking forward to when I have to start cracking the whip to get you to behave, but me and your daddy will not hesitate to do it when the time comes.
- For some reason you love to sleep on your changing table to we bought an extra one and put it in the cradle. I think you really like the soft cushion that covers it, and the way it slopes up on the sides. It seems to make you feel secure.
- You have such an adorable personality. Most of the time you are all smiles. When I talk to you, you’ll grin at me really big and coo away. I don’t know what I’m gonna do if/when you get sassy.
Your parents who love you sooooo much!